Assistive Devices Program
Ontario’s Assistive Devices Program (ADP) helps people with a diagnosis of primary or secondary lymphedema cover the costs of compression therapy.
Haley Rehab is a designated ADP clinic for compression therapy prescription. We have lots of experience helping clients apply for ADP funding as we have had this designation from the Ontario Ministry of
Health and Long-term Care since 2005. You will need to complete this form and a therapist at Haley Rehab can sign off on it.
What does ADP funding cover?
If you have a diagnosis of primary or secondary lymphedema, ADP will cover 75% of the cost of your compression garment, including Solaris, and compression pumps.
Who can apply?
You are eligible to apply for ADP funding if:
The program covers up to six garments in a 12 month period, meaning you can have one garment to wear and one to wash every four months. A compression pump may also be recommended and can be covered by ADP funding.
Read more about applying to ADP, with information from the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care.
You can also speak to someone at the ADP office, by calling toll-free:1-800-268-6021.
- You have a diagnosis of lymphedema and require a garment for a minimum of six months of regular daily use; AND
- You are a permanent resident of Ontario with a valid health card.
How do I apply?
To apply, you need to complete the Application for Funding Pressure Modification form.
This form requires four signatures:
- Physician who holds a certificate and is registered in one of the following areas:
- Vascular Surgery
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Gynecological Oncology
- General Practitioner in Oncology
- General Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- A registered physiotherapist certified in manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) massage.A physiotherapist will assess your condition by taking a medical history and circumference measurements of
your affected area(s). She will also take the time to educate you in lymphedema risk reduction practices and
inform you about applying for ADP funding.
Haley Rehab’s physiotherapists are all certified in MLD massage and can provide you with this service.
- ADP Vendor.We have partnered with Certicare, who have been in the business of fitting lymphedema clients with compression garments since 1993. Certicare will verify all signatures collected, to ensure that they meet ADP’s requirements. If a signature does not meet ADP’s requirements, Certicare will contact you to explain why and
will also return the forms to you.
How do I fill out the form?
Section 1: Biographical Information
The applicant or guardian completes this section. Please include whether or not you are receiving any additional social assistance benefits.
Section 2 and 4: Diagnosis and Equipment Type
This section is completed by a physician. If this is your first time applying to ADP, you will be required to have the physician sign that they are a member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and qualified to practice medicine or nursing in Ontario under the Medicine Act. After your initial application has been accepted, subsequent applications must be reviewed every two years and can be completed by a family physician or nurse practitioner.
Section 21, 2b & 4: Equipment & Supplies Required
This section is to be completed by a registered physiotherapist or registered occupational therapist certified in the manual lymphatic drainage massage.
Section 3: The applicant or guardian completes this section.
What if I still have questions about my application?
If you have any questions about completing the form or the ADP application process, we are happy to help you.
Please contact Haley Rehab at 613-422-5061 or email@example.com today to find out about applying for ADP funding.