Haley Rehab is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of all personal information
to which it is entrusted.
Federal and provincial privacy legislation reiterate the importance of privacy and require that Haley Rehab tells you how your personal information is used, how it is protected, and how one can access it.
Why do we collect your personal information?
Haley Rehab collects information about our patients so that they can be accurately identified each time they visit. Personal information that is collected is only available to the staff who are involved with your treatment either directly (physiotherapists, massage therapists) or in a supporting role (administration staff).
When do we disclose your personal information?Personal information may be disclosed to the following persons or agencies:
- A care provider within your circle of care. Examples include your attending doctor and family doctor.
- You, your legal representative or next of kin. Your personal information can be disclosed to someone that you have designated to act on your behalf in the event that you are unable to do so.
- A public authority (such as a lawyer) where it is legally required to do so.
- A health regulator agency (such as Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care or Health Canada) if health regulations or laws require health information.
- Any third party (such as your private insurance company or lawyer) provided you have consented to the disclosure or the law requires the disclosure
How does Haley Rehab protect your personal information?Your personal information will be protected with an appropriate set of safeguards:
- Physical – such as locked doors.
- Technical – such as passwords and firewalls.
- Administrative – such as privacy policies.